Homemade mostly organic chicken tenders
I fell into a little rut of buying frozen organic chicken tenders for Emmet. They made mealtimes SO MUCH easier when we were having something E could not partake in or when I was short on time. But I don’t want to feed him something frozen from a box on a regular basis so I came up with my own recipe.
- 1 organic chicken breast
- 1 organic egg
- bread crumbs
- olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 350
2. Use a fork to whip your egg as if you’re making scrambled eggs
3. Slice the chicken breast the short way into 1/2″ strips and season with salt & pepper
4. Dip each strip first in the egg, then in the bread crumbs
(I find that using one hand to put into & remove from the egg and the other hand to work the breadcrumbs works best.)
5. Using a basting brush, baste each strip with olive oil
6. Pop them into the oven for 5 minutes, flip them over & cook for 3-4 more minutes
I find you can reheat them in an oven safe container (I use glass) for 5 minutes on 350 and they still taste delicious.